Terms & Conditions
MAF HYPER CONSUMER ELECTRONICS AND APPLIANCE SERVICE
The Service Contract applies to parts and labour in respect of the product stated
on the MAF Retail Webstore Service Contract Certificate for electrical and mechanical
This Service Contract extends the warranty for the period stated on the Service
Contract Certificate (the “Term”) commencing on the date of expiration of the manufacturers
initial warranty period as stated on the manufacturers initial guarantee.
WHAT IS COVERED: Customers can get the product repaired
from authorized service centres, free of cost to its normal operating condition
after it has suffered a covered failure (due to a defect in material or workmanship)
during normal use. This Service Contract covers the labour, parts and call-out charge
necessary to repair the product subject to the exclusions listed below.
MAF Retail Webstore Service Contract also covers food damage loss that results from
a mechanical, electronics or electrical component failure of a refrigerator or freezer
up to 500 UAE Dirham per claim during the service contract
A MAF Retail Webstore Service Contract may only be purchased at the time of sale
of a product and only covers a product which:
• Is purchased as new from one of iC4uae.com. • Has included at the time of purchase
a manufactures complete and original warranty valid in UAE.
• In the case of consumer products such as electronics and major appliances, the
use is or has been limited to domestic and personal use. Office products such as
facsimile machines and computers are covered for home and office use.
IN THE EVENT OF BREAKDOWN:
• In order to be eligible under this service contract the customer must report the
breakdown or failure within 5 days of the occurrence.
• If the product is within the Service Contract term, contact the Extended Warranty
hotline number detailed on the service contract certificate. Customers will receive
instructions on how to proceed with the repair.
• Repairs must only be carried out by authorized service centers of relevant products
approved by MAF Retail Webstore (after sales team via “contact us”).
• In-home service will be provided for all types of major appliances except for
portable items (countertop microwave ovens, color televisions under 21”, portable
Hi-Fi systems, Home PC’s, etc.) which should be brought into the authorized service
centers of relevant products approved by MAF Retail Webstore (after sales team via
“contact us”or brought into the local Carrefour store.
• The MAF Retail Webstore original store invoice must be presented for all repairs
to the covered product.
• If the breakdown is not covered by the service contract, the customer will be
charged for the cost of the repair.
• The customer should consult manufacturer’s instructions to determine if the failure
to operate is due to circumstances that may be corrected.
EXCLUSIONS FROM THE SERVICE CONTRACT:
• Costs implicitly or explicitly covered by any manufacturers, suppliers or repairers
guarantee or warranty.
• Non-operating and cosmetic damage such as damage to paintwork, product finish,
dents or scratches, to the equipment and broken glass items. Accessories used in
or with the product unless covered under a separate
• extended warranty service contract. (For example, computer software, modem, scanner,
printer, and charger).
• Replacement of any consumable item or accessory. These include, but are not limited
to: plugs, fuses, batteries, light bulbs, light covers, cables, filters, attachments,
belts, toner, ribbons, drums, tapes or software, add-on options incorporated in
a product for which this contract was purchased.
• Normal wear and tear of items not integral to the functioning of the product.
• Routine maintenance, cleaning, lubrication, adjustments or alignments, overhaul,
modification and de-scaling.
• Damage caused by unauthorised repair, theft, burglary, and accident including
earthquake, storm and or hurricane, abuse, misuse, sand, water, negligence, fire,
flood, lightning, malicious damage, impact, corrosion, battery leakage, acts of
God, animal or insect infestation or intrusion.
• Damage resulting from power outage, power surges or dips, fluctuating voltage,
or improper voltage or current.
• Reception or transmission problem resulting from external causes.
• Problems or defects not covered under manufacturer’s initial guarantee.
• Batteries internal or external to the product.
• Breakdowns caused by computer virus or realignments to products.
• Recalls or modifications to the product.
• Failure to follow the manufacturer’s instructions.
• Costs arising from incorrect installation, modification or maintenance.
• Costs if no fault is found with the product.
• Costs arising from being unable to use the Product or from damage which results
from the Breakdown of the Product.
• Commercial usage except product used in rental property, as identified in the
Service Contract Certificate.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
MAF RETAIL WEBSTORE SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE TO A PERSON
OR PROPERTY, DIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES ARISING FROM THE USE OF
OR INABILITY TO USE THE PRODUCT TO THE EXTENT
THAT LAW MAY DISCLAIM SUCH. THIS SERVICE CONTRACT DOES NOT COVER ANY DEFECTS WHICH
ARE SUBJECT TO A MANUFACTURER’S RECALL OR WHICH ARE COVERED UNDER A MANUFACTURER’S
PROGRAM OR REIMBURSEMENT. MAF RETAIL WEBSTORE LIABILITY UNDER THIS SERVICE CONTRACT
SHALL IN NO EVENT, EXCEED THE PURCHASE PRICE OF THE PRODUCT.
THIS SERVICE CONTRACT IS NOT AN INSURANCE POLICY OR GUARANTEE. THE CONTRACT ONLY
COVERS EQUIPMENT WHICH FAILED DUE SOLELY TO MATERIAL WORKMANSHIP OR PERFORMANCE
OF THE PRODUCT.
THIS SERVICE CONTRACT IS ONLY VALID IN UAE.
IN THE EVENT OF THEFT, REPOSSESSION, FRAUD OR RESALE TO ANOTHER PARTY, THE SERVICE
CONTRACT WILL BE CANCELLED BY MAF RETAIL WEBSTORE. MAF RETAIL WEBSTORE WILL HAVE
THE RIGHT TO TERMINATE THE CONTRACT IF THE PRODUCT IS REPOSSESSED BY ANY FINANCIAL
INSTITUTION PURSUANT TO THE TERMS OF AN AGREEMENT BETWEEN SUCH FINANCIAL INSTITUTION
AND THE CUSTOMER.
MAF Retail Webstore is entitled, at its sole discretion, to replace the product
with the same or similar product rather than to repair the product. The retail value
of the replacement will not exceed the purchase price that was actually paid by
the customer. Once a warranted product has been replaced the customers cover under
this Service Contract will end immediately with no refund. Following such settlement
the original defective product will become the property of MAF Retail Webstore.
Any amount unpaid pursuant to the terms of this Service Contract at the time of
replacement shall become due and payable to MAF Retail Webstore.
In the event that food is spoiled due to a covered breakdown of the product, MAF
Retail Webstore will reimburse the service contract holder for such food spoilage
up to a total of 500 UAE Dirham per incidence provided
the food spoilage has been verified and inspected within two working days by the
authorized repairer and properly documented.
CANCELLATIONS Cancellation of this Service Contract may
be made by the purchaser within seven days of the service contract application date
for any reason by mailing or delivering to MAF Retail Webstore an advance notice
of cancellation and the original MAF Retail Webstore Service Contract Certificate.
Any cancellation requested by the purchaser during this seven-day period will be
refunded at 100%.
MAF Retail Webstore may cancel this service contract by giving 14 days notice in
writing to the customers last known address. MAF Retail Webstore will refund the
purchaser an amount in respect of the remaining full months of warranty cover pro-
rata to the original price of the cover.
For Extended Warranty claims and inquiries contact the hotline number detailed on
the Service Contract Certificate. This Service Contract is offered by MAF Retail
Webstore. MAF Retail Webstore reserve the right to vary, modify or otherwise amend
the terms and conditions stated herein according to its sole discretion
Instant Replacement Plan Terms and Conditions
What is covered:
This plan is available on all goods up to a value of 500 AED.
Coverage for Mobile Phones, Personal Data Assistant Devices and Portable Audio Devices
is not available under this plan. If a covered product suffers a breakdown caused
by a failure in materials, workmanship or performance during normal use, MAF Retail
Webstore (“we”,” us”, “our”) will replace it with an equivalent model at the discretion
of MAF Retail Webstore up to a maximum of the original purchase price.
If an equivalent or alternative model is not available, then we may at our discretion
provide the purchaser (“you”) with credit vouchers for the original purchase price.
Your product is covered for the time period stated on the sales invoice from expiry
of the manufacturer guarantee.
• Customer must purchase this contract at time of sale of product.
• The product is purchased new from iC4uae.com and has a manufacturers guarantee.
• The product is for personal domestic use only.
• This contract is only available on carry-in products.
• Product failure must be due to normal usage.
Limitation of liability:
If the product is replaced, the defective product becomes MAF Retail Webstore property.
Customer statutory rights are not affected.
What to do if your product breaks down:
Customer must report the problem to us within 5 days.
Check the manufacturer’s instructions and make sure the controls
are properly set. Ensure it isn’t something you can correct yourself, such excess
scaling, a blockage or blown fuse.
• Bring the faulty product to your nearest store. The original receipt will be required
for repair or replacement to be provided.
• A member of MAF Retail Webstore staff
or from Carrefour hypermarket stores will check the fault and when confirmed, authorize
an immediate replacement.
Fraud: All benefits of this service contract are lost if a fraudulent
declaration or claim is made.